The "Convergent Science Network of Biomimetic and Biohybrid Systems" (CSN) is supporting 7 fellowships for PhD students and post-docs that are interested in attending the 2011 Capo Caccia Cognitive Neuromorphic Engineering Workshop (http://capocaccia.ethz.ch/ ).
The workshop will take place in Capo Caccia, Italy, from May 2 to May 14, 2011.
The fellowships cover part of the travel and accommodation expenses, excluding the workshop registration fee. Travel expenses are reimbursed to a maximum of 500.- EUR, while accommodation expenses are covered for a "full-board" shared "double standard" room, for the full workshop duration (see http://capocaccia.ethz.ch/ and http://www.hotelcapocaccia.it/ for details).
Eligibility & Requirements
Fellowships will be awarded to Ph.D. students and Post-Doctoral fellows that can best describe how to:
1. contribute to the workshop success
2. benefit from the workshop
As conditions of the award, successful fellowship recipients will have
* register to the CSN web-site at the URL http://csnetwork.eu/
* register to the 2011 CapoCaccia Workshop.
* stay for the full workshop duration.
* participate actively in the morning discussion sessions and in at least 2 workgroups.
* write a short report on their experience, before the end of the workshop.
Individual reports will be published on the CSN web-site. See
http://csnetwork.eu/?q=node/59 for examples of previous reports.
To apply send a short CV and letter-of-intent with the points (1.) and
(2.) mentioned above, in PDF format, to: email@example.com
Check the 2010 Workshop Discussion Sessions
(http://capocaccia.ethz.ch/capo/wiki/2010/WorkshopSchedule/) and Workgroups (http://capocaccia.ethz.ch/capo/wiki/2010/Workgroups/) before writing the letter of intent.
The application deadline is April 3, 2011.
Applicants will be notified by April 8, 2011.